Monday, October 10, 2011

Cheesy, delicate, and delicious.

This weekend was my first attempt at French onion soup from scratch (well almost scratch, I didn't make the beef broth...) and it was a very successful mission. 

Seen here with my also successful BLT.  But when is a BLT not successful?  Anything with bacon is successful in my mind.  It was, afterall, what got me back to the dark side from being a vegetarian.  Oh bacon...how I love thee.  I digress.  The soup:



Anyway, because the soup was so successful and delicious, and really quite easy, I though I should give a shout out to my favorite food blog Smitten Kitchen.  She does a lovely job at creating tasty morsels but also a great job at photographing them (someday I will have a nice camera that I can tastefully photograph my food with) and giving a personal touch to her cooking.  If I had A) more time, B) a computer at home, and C) a nice camera, I would consider doing a blog solely on food. 

I've got so many recipes of hers that I need to try...but these few are on the top of my list right now (this could change at any moment, of course...depending on my mood and cravings.)  Check these out:
Hooray for food!!

No comments:

Post a Comment